Friday, March 9, 2012

How do you install fallout New Vegas from the disk?

I have fallout new Vegas and it's trying to install from steam network I looked on several websites how to skip this process and they said to to install from the disk but they didn't say how. Can anyone help me?How do you install fallout New Vegas from the disk?
Back in my day all you had was install from disk installers.

*sigh* are we that far-gone that people forget how to install from a disk? I might suffocate from laughing too hard. I'm sorry, it's just funny.

Exit Steam completely. Do not have it running to avoid it taking control of anything. Insert your disk. Wait for the installer to autorun...if it does not. Start %26gt; My Computer %26gt; Right click DVD Drive containing game disk %26gt; Explore %26gt; Double click something along the lines of Setup or Launch. Developers use the two names interchangeably for some reason.

Click Next a bunch of times...insert CD key when prompted. That should be straight forward.

Now. When its done installing...Start Steam. I can't remember the exact process off the top of my head or if you even need to anymore. But you have to tell Steam that the game exists. If it asks for a CD Key...give Steam your CD Key. That way the key will be on your account forever.How do you install fallout New Vegas from the disk?
You have to install it from steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment